One of the most difficult parts of making a cake or cookies that need frosting is making a frosting without confectioners sugar. Here’s the perfect answer! So smooth and creamy as well as delicious. You can, of course, substitute chocolate if desired.
In a medium sized bowl mix:
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree (I used canned)
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, agave or coconut nectar, OR 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder OR 1/4 teaspoon monk fruit powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup carob powder OR cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup tahini or, if you can use it, nut or seed butter
- 2 tablespoons shortening such as Spectrum OR solid coconut oil OR vegan margarine or butter
Using a hand mixer, blend until smooth and well blended.