This is a great casserole for using up leftovers after a big meal like Thanksgiving or just a family Sunday dinner. It takes the meat, gravy, stuffing, vegetables, and potatoes and puts them together into one dish that’s easy and my family loves it. You’ll want a deep casserole dish so that you can get four layers. You could also make this quick and easy using rotisserie chicken or turkey breast.
Grease a 9″ round, 5-7″ deep casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
The first layer consists of:
- 2 cups of diced meat (chicken, beef, turkey, pork)
- 2 cups gravy (see recipe under Sauces)
The second layer consists of:
- 2-3 cups of stuffing (see recipe under side dishes)
The third layer consists of:
- 2-3 cups of leftover vegetables (I used my leftover string bean casserole; see recipe under side dishes)
The last layer consists of:
- 2-3 cups of mashed potatoes, or in my case, mashed celery root and parsnips (see recipe under side dishes)
Bake 30-45 minutes until the gravy starts bubbling to the top and the top is browned.