This is a rub that can be used on any kind of meat although, my love of pork ribs pretty much uses up all my rub. Easy to apply, simply put 10-12 chicken wings, or 4-5 chicken legs, or a half rack of ribs, or some pork chops, or even a couple of steaks, in a zip bag with a couple of tablespoons of this rub and shake. Once the meat is coated, be sure to massage it (or rub) it in so that the meat absorbs the dry rub.
I use a pint jar to mix this in:
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1-2 teaspoons stevia, 1/2 teaspoon monk fruit powder, or 1/2 cup date sugar
- 4 tablespoons herb mixture such as Mrs. Dash, McCormicks, or something like Grill Mates
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup carob powder or cocoa
Cover and shake the jar vigorously in all directions to mix the ingredients. This will stay fresh in the air tight jar for several months.