This is one of my favorites. I eat one of these sandwiches for lunch nearly every week. Easy to make and delicious. The creaminess of the avocado with the acidity of the tomato and crunch of the bacon and lettuce makes it well worth the calories. I served mine with a side of 4 Bean Salad.
- Gluten-free bread or roll
- 3 slices of tomato
- 2-3 pieces of lettuce
- 2-3 slices of cooked bacon (I use the turkey bacon)
- 1 burger patty (mine is turkey which I make thin so it cooks very quickly but I have to be very careful not to overcook it)
- 1 slice of non-dairy cheese (if you want a cheeseburger)
- ketchup or mayo depending on your taste
While the burger and bacon are cooking, toast the bread if you want or warm the roll. I start with the avocado, then the tomato slices, then the lettuce, bacon, and finally the burger. I put the ketchup or mayo on the second slice of bread and there you have it. Very easy, yet so tasty.